Thursday, May 4, 2017

Megg and Mogg by Simon Hanselman



Megg and Mogg by Simon Hanselman, ok where the fuck do I begin. This web-comic is out of control. No. This comic never had control to start. I have seen some pretty degrading things in my day but this glorifies them. I'm not saying I hate this web-comic, but I don't necessarily enjoy it. I don't mind crude humor, and sex jokes. The very first spread I saw was of Megg and Mogg just macking on each other. So, I thought immediately, this is going to be some weird shit. Mogg is a fucking cat. Of course that meant they were going to ball in some future strip. Which turns out to be in an Ikea of all places. Very early into reading this web-comic I realized that these characters aren't really a which, cat, werewolf, or owl. Instead I saw them as regular people. These are pretty scummy people, but people nonetheless. Once I started to look at them not as fantasy archetypes this web-comic got way more real. I definitely saw regular human behavior and mannerisms, although very terrible ways of living. These characters read to me as people that aren't ambitious. People who don't want to be someone important. Instead, they just want to get as high as they can, ball around, and repeat. I wish that these characters were completely fictitious, unfortunately, they aren't. I have met people like these characters. I don't particularly hate those people, and I understand there must have been some circumstances they had issues with that lead them down shady paths. Seeing these types of personalities in this comic reminded me that there are definitely limits to what I would consider regular behavior. These personalities are so involved in immediate pleasure and don't care about consequences. I may like to get drunk and ball, but there's a point where you have to wake up and make something of yourself. Or you can just let your life spiral out of control and you end up like Werewolf Jones high off some weird shit, bare balls naked playing Zelda and threatening to kill yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment