Tuesday, May 2, 2017

RanXerox by Tanino Liberatore





RanXerox by Tanino Liberatore. Fuck me this novel was some messed up shit. Sorry for the language but that is just how this novel hit me. This thing was a none stop fever dream. I felt like I was over caffeinated while on a roller coaster, where everything was calm for about ten seconds and then what do you know Ranx just fucking smashed a dude’s face in after balling some floozy. Honestly the underground comics were tame compared to this. There were sections were I felt like the writer was fetishizing cruel human behavior. There’s one point were some lady is trying to ball Ranx and then she finds out he’s a robot so he fucking tapes her to a toilet and lets some dude pretty much rape her. She ends up liking it but just what the hell. If its one thing that completely ignites my rage is anything that has to do with rape. To an extent I figure that the writer was intentionally trying to make the reader feel uncomfortable. But there were very few calm moments in RanXerox. Even with the art style they chose to use. There are big bold black lines on everything. The colors are very vibrant but washed out almost, and the rendering of realistic anatomy was just jarring. I feel like this was a revisit to underground comics, but someone turned the volume up to 11 and broke the fucking nob off. If you want to make someone recoil at your story then I recommend doing it within the plot, and let the reader breath once in a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment